Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Together at Last

After meeting a Buca Kris and I had many more conversations. I realized very quickly that Kris was wanting more than a friendship. I did not want to jump into anything or assume this was what God wanted. Why is it when I want to take things slow, God seems to speed up the process?

I remember one night talking to Kris on the phone and he told me, "The longer you know me, the more you will trust me." I would not admit it at the time but his character and consistency amazed me! At times I would have to admit that I was mean and stand offish to him. I was testing him. I secretly loved that it did not faze him one bit. He trusted completely in God not matter how much I freaked out!

Long story short Kris eventually won my heart! He asked me to be his girlfriend in November of 2008 and in only two short months on New Years at the stroke of midnight he asked me to be his wife!

We got married June 27th, 2009! I loved every part of the wedding. One of my favorite parts was walking down the aisle to Sara Groves, "He's Always Been Faithful To Me." When I look at my life every part of that song is true and continues to be true.

I cannot tell you how amazing it has been to share our story in the classroom with Amnion. It absolutely blows people away! I know God has so many plans for us and I can't wait to walk through it all! What a redeeming God we serve! I am reminded of it everyday that I get to come home to a man who loves me so well!

I could not have written a better story myself:) God is so fun!
Posted by isa4031 at 11:25 PM

1 comment:

meliss said...

you go girl! keep writing!!! quick, now, before you have not time or energy! ha ha. (speaking from experience)...