Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weeping may endure for the night, but Joy comes the morning!

I will never forget the night, September 12th 2008, I was checking my email and flashing before my eyes was a name and a face that I had not seen in almost 10 years. Although I had talked about this person everyday in the classroom, I could not believe he was trying to contact me. Kristopher John McFadden. My mouth dropped to the floor when I saw that he had requested me as a friend on facebook. Should I accept him? Why does he want to be my friend? Why? Those were the some of the many questions going through my mind. If you know me, you know I can be a little dramatic at times.

My curiosity pushed me into accepting him. As I studied his site I found out that he had become a Christian like I had! I almost fell out of my bed!!! How can this be? God, are you serious? The next day I received and email from him stating how he had become a Christian through a program called Teen Challenge. God had put on his heart to contact me. He mentioned how he had been looking for me for about year because there were somethings he needed to say to me. I knew in God's sovereignty that he was right on time in finding me.

Here begins a journey of joy that I would have never expected...

3 comments:

meliss said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP GOING......... :)

lydia said...

ooh is this going to lead into the whole story......I am on the edge of my seat! So happy for you girl!!

Chris said...

I am very proud of you and your perseverance. You have left an impact on so many people in your life. You go girl :0) I love you so much!!!!