Saturday, September 27, 2008

Authenticity

The book of Galatians is probably one of my favorite books in the bible because it talks about the freedom we have in Christ. God knows I struggle so much with wanting to earn His love by performing and “doing everything right”. Lately He has been breaking that in me. I feel so out of control. I do not feel like doing anything spiritual. I am losing my desire to go to church, I don’t want to go to prayer, and I am having a hard time really reading the bible. It all feels like I am doing it out of duty. I know I can’t make decisions based on how I feel but that’s where I am at. Oddly enough, I hear God saying its ok. I hear him saying that he is doing a deep work in me. I trust it because His love for me is so much more stubborn than mine. He pursues my heart so well. I love Jesus with all my heart, I really do. A friend of mine said I think he is building authenticity in you. I completely agree. If I am going to do things for the kingdom, I want to do all for God. I don’t want to do for man’s favor, or simply because I think doing it will bring me closer to God.

2 comments:

jul said...

Whoohooo! That's great news. I actually just listened to a really good message call "the struggle for authenticity" well, close enough. I am so done with fake. And duty. God will bring back good desires once he's burned all that other stuff out of you. Relax and enjoy it!

lydia said...

Amen girl! You get to just rest in your daddy's loving arms.......!!!